From February 2019 I am post-doctoral researcher at the Insituto de Astrofísica de Canarias (IAC), dedicated to the search of extrasolar planets and the study of stellar magnetic activity. Before that I was a a post-doctoral researcher at the Observatory of Geneva (Department of Astronomy of the University of Geneva), and before a PhD student at the Instituto de Astrofísica de Canarias (IAC) and the University of La Laguna (ULL). My PhD thesis deals with the search of low mass extrasolar planets using high resolution spectroscopy. It was also focused on the detection and characterization of radial velocity signals induced by stellar activity, which can be easily mistaken for planetary signals.
– I joined the science team of the GTO consortium of ESPRESSO
– I joined the science team of the GTO consortium of NIRPS
– I joined the time allocation committee of the IAC.
– Participateion in the discovery of 2 super-Earths, 2 TESS planetary systems and 3 giant planets and 2 brown dwarfs at wide orbits.
– Participation in the discovery of a cold super-Earth orbiting Barnard’s star (Nature)
– Discovery of a system of 2 super-Earths orbiting the nearby K-dwarf HD 176986
– Measurements of rotation periods of 33 M-dwarfs, magnetic cycles in 18 M-dwarfs and activity induced RV signals in 16 M-dwarfs.
– Participation in the discovery of 3 Earth-size planets and 5 super-Earths in the late type stars LP415-17, K2-239 and K2-240.
– Participation in the confirmation of a 2 planets system orbiting the nearby M-dwarf Gl 15 A
– Discovery of a 2.8 Earth-masses super-Earth on the inner edge of the habitable zone of the nearby M-dwarf GJ 625
– Discovery of a super Earth orbiting the nearby M-dwarf GJ 536
– Characterization of activity induced RV signals in 37 late-type dwarfs
– Development of a RV amplitude vs activity relationship for slowly rotating late-type dwarfs
– Participation in the discovery of a super-Earth orbiting the nearby M-dwarf GJ 3942
– Measurement of rotation periods and magnetic cycles of 36 and 47 late-type dwarfs respectively
– Discovery of a solar-like cycle in Proxima Centauri
– Discovery of several solar-like cycles in fully-convective M-dwarfs
– Participation in the discovery of a system of 2 super-Earths orbiting the nearby M-dwarf GJ 3998
– Measurement of rotation periods of 48 late-type dwarfs
– Development of a rotation vs activity relationship for slowly rotating late-type dwarfs
– Recalibration of the log R’hk activity proxy for stars with B-V 0.5 to 1.9 (previously B-V 0.6 to 0.9)
– Participation in the commissioning of the Laser Frequency Comb for HARPS